Dr John was born locally and completed his secondary education at Dulwich College. He won a place to read Medicine at Cambridge and graduated with a 1st class honours degree winning the Albert Hopkinson Prize for Medicine at Emmanuel College.
He has worked at some of the premier hospitals at home and abroad giving him a world class training. As a Chest doctor he has rotated through training posts at the Royal Brompton, the Hammersmith, Royal Free and University College. He also won a competitive Medical Scholarship and spent three years on an International Fellowship at the world-renowned Columbia University in New York completing his Doctorate degree.
Following on from his doctorate research studying the immune system and the lung, he has particular strong interests in Cough, COPD, Asthma, Interstitial Lung Disease and Respiratory Infections.
Dr John became a Consultant Respiratory Physician in 2004 at Kingston Hospital. Following his colleague’s retirement in 2009, he is now the Senior Chest Consultant and more recently has been appointed Clinical Director for Respiratory Medicine at Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. This involves leading a team of Medical, Nursing and Administrative Staff in providing a top quality service.
- President of the Cambridge Medical Graduates’ Society (www.cambridgemedgrads.co.uk) from 2015
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians
- Member of the British Medical Association
- Member of the British Thoracic Society
- Outside interests include playing tennis twice weekly at club level, fitness training and film (a Patron of the British Film Institute).
WHY CHOOSE ME AS YOUR CHEST SPECIALIST?
- First class training at Cambridge
- 20 years Medical experience
- Modern and Dynamic
- Care in a clean and friendly private clinic
- Early morning and evening clinics for your convenience
- Fast diagnostic tests
- On-site secretary for one-stop billing and queries
- Free Parking
- Direct links with the NHS if care is transferred
Please click here to view my qualifications.